Day 29 and question #2

This morning my hands were still stiff and painful but I did sleep well. Maybe it was the cool breeze blowing in the window or maybe my body was thanking me for rest. Rest on many levels. I did seem to rouse earlier than normal and I felt like getting out of bed. I did my typical make the scones so their nice and hot for the cafe at church and I didn't feel deprived. However I did catch myself wondering if I had cheated at some point in the process. This told me a lot! I tend to eat without any thought. Whatsoever. I just eat. I don't think about it much and if I do I can easily change my mind on any outcome that goes against not eating.

Two things I craved yesterday. French fries and almond butter. I decided to add some almond butter to my juices for the added calories and good fat because I'm not doing this to starve myself. Which leads me to my next question.

Why am I doing this? Is is harmful? Why so extreme? First I don't see this as extreme, it's not a water only fast and even if it was just the fact of it being extreme would not exclude it from being necessary. I don't think it's harmful, it's still food.  Why am I doing this. I am doing this to get healthy again and to stay that way. The last few years have been hard and I have let many things go. Things that I love. Not doing it anymore! I want to enjoy life, I want to enjoy traveling, I want to enjoy my family, I want to enjoy my husband. It also is a way that I am seeking the LORD. I know that makes it a public thing and I'm okay with that. I just want to see him through what ever weakness I give him.

So far today I have had 3 juices 2 of them with almond butter, coffee, and water. Tonight Bryce and Sara are making dinner and I will enjoy every bit of their company! Also took a walk with Tom for 32 minutes. Can't believe I can walk that long without my foot throbbing, thank you sweet Jesus.

Comments

Popular Posts